Re: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n?
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 16:15:35 GMT
On Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:09:30 -0600, Greg wrote:

>Well the lack of TTL flash on the OM-1 and the mercury battery requirement
>might make the OM-1n worth the extra $80. Also some of the OM-1s don't take
>motor drives (mine doesn't), dont know if you checked for that. Personally
>I've always liked the 2's better anyway (probably because I started on an
>OM-2), anyway that's just me :).

It's not really TTL flash anyway; all you get extar with the OM1-n is
a duplicated "ready light" in the finder. In every other respect the
flash operation is the same.

I have both; the 22 year old OM1 feels much silkier and sweeter that
its younger brother. Just nicely run in, I suppose! I still trust them
more than the 3 OM2-n's and OM2SP we also have "in the family".

Regards

--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)