RE: [OM] OM focusing screens (was: Lens Hoods+Sigma disaster

Subject: RE: [OM] OM focusing screens (was: Lens Hoods+Sigma disaster
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 05:37:52 -0500
Per Nordenberg wrote:

>I had the 1-4 screen fitted during these Kenya trips and it usually
>worked just fine. Now I have a 2-13 screen and it seems to work even
>better. Iove read at Lees site about focusing screens that there is a
>1-4N screen as well which has a finer matte and is brighter than the
1-4
>screen. I wonder if it is as bright as the #2 series screens? When was
>this 1-4N screen released? Anyone on the list who use it?

I had both the 1-4 and 1-4N screens. As far as I could tell, the matte
surface was identical on both. The only difference was that the 1-4N
had a smaller inner circle that corresponds to the spot metering area
of the OM-3 and OM-4. The 1-4 (which I still have) has a larger circle
that probably is supposed to indicate the centre-weighted area of the
OM-2 (?).
Because I had no use for the 1-4N (I use the "2" series), I abused it
for an experiment to convert it into an 1-10N. This wasn't very
succesful :-( and I threw it away after I found a genuine 1-10.

Hans