Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list

Subject: Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 06:07:29 -0500
Frank & Frank :-) wrote:

> How do you all think about this?

>I support your idea.
>Maybe just adding the word '[marketplace]' in the appropriate mail
>and defining some mail selection rules (I use Pegasus) would be
>enough to move both kind of mails to seperate mail folders.
>Traffic on the list could be reduced further by not posting 'me too'
>replies (and repeating almost the complete mail in question). I must
>admit I sometimes find it hard to, but I try to reply only if I feel
>there's some added value in my reply (just my opinion).

Exactly my thoughts. Sometimes there is so much "pollution" on the list
you may even completely miss parts that are interesting because you
just skim way too fast through the massive bulk of non-items. I only
have e-mail at work, and sometimes on mondays I find somewhere between
150-200 messages in my mailbox, but virtually without any real
OM-content. If I go on holidays for more than a week I feel even
obliged to unsubscribe because I don't want to find 2000+ messages in
my mailbox when I return.
When I have some serious reply to a question I always try to 'look
ahead' to see if it hasn't been replied already with almost the same as
I would have written (not on *this* thread, however, because it _is_
somekind of a vote). If this would be custom behaviour it certainly
would help to reduce the volume considerately. Just see what happens
when a new member subscribes and asks what MC or F.Zuiko means :-(
BTW, does anyone know where the 'F' in Olympus OM-F stands for? :-)

Hans