Re: [OM] Wrenches

Subject: Re: [OM] Wrenches
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:50:42 +0000
>Just for the fun of it, I checked my Websters...
>
>"1. Chiefly Brit - Wrench
>2. A wrench that has a hole, projection, or hook at one or both ends of the
>head for engaging with a corresponding device on the object that is to be
>turned"

Denton,

Websters obviously doesn't include modern UK English slang - Spanner
describes a (usually young) person of limited intelligence.  Usually male.
Often prone to childish, futile behaviour, found in both urban and rural
areas, often in close proximity to girls and alcohol.

Just thought you might want to know.

Simon E.