Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list

Subject: Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list
From: Jim Loudon <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 08:52:43 -0500
Another call to relegate digest subscribers to second-class status :-)

> Maybe just adding the word '[marketplace]' in the appropriate mail
> and defining some mail selection rules (I use Pegasus) would be
> enough to move both kind of mails to seperate mail folders.

On a good day, I only receive one message from 'zuiko'.  Granted,
it's about 64k long...

Seriously, though, I don't care to see the list split.  My own
opinion is that the 'for sale' messages haven't been excessive
(although the volume went _way_ up yesterday, perhaps in anticipation
of their imminent exclusion), but I absolutely agree with those
who would like to see better judgement exercised with respect to
[lack of] editing of previously posted messages, personal replies,
and so on.  This is something I've written about previously, and I'm
glad to see some consensus finally beginning to develop.

jim