Re: [OM] 200mm f5 vs. 100mm f2.8 & 2XA

Subject: Re: [OM] 200mm f5 vs. 100mm f2.8 & 2XA
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 31 Oct 98 18:10:37 +0100
On Ven, 30 ott 1998 17:34, gma <mailto:gma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Prime lens is ALWAYS better than a lens with a doubler attached.  Well,
>assuming
>both lenses are of good quality.

That is true as a rule, not always. Very often a dedicated doubler
ameliorates distortion and vignetting, for instance. I read a test on the
new Sigma 80-200 f/2.8 and dedicated doubler. Well, the doubler leads that
lens to better results than alone..

>Don't get a third party doubler. It'll be a waste of $$$.

I think there must be excellent combos even if I cannot tell *which* they
are.

Marco