Re: [OM] TTL auto cord and its uses

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL auto cord and its uses
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 00:53:25 -0800
Lisa O. wrote:
>Hello group. I recently made a purchase of a lot of Oly goodies. Among them
is
>a cord but I am not sure which one it is. It is about 1 foot long and is
>coiled. One end fits shoe 2 and is marked  TTL AUTO CORD         SHOE 2
ONLY.
>The other end says  olympus       sensor      japan. This end has a round
plug
>next to a straight one. It also came with Shoe 2 attached, but it wont fit
my
>cameras (OM2n and OM1n). I am looking to buy a flash, probably a T20 or a
T32,
>can I use this cord with either of these flashes and my bodies with a Shoe
4?
>Any help would be great, and thanks in advance guys.

What you have, Lisa, is the cord to connect an Olympus 310 flash to an OM-2
body (not 2n). The Shoe 2 fits only the OM-2 and the Olympus 310 flash will
only work in TTL mode with the OM-2. The 310 will only work in Auto or
manual mode on your 1n or 2n plugged into your present shoe 4. Since you
already own a 1n and a 2n and need to buy a flash, I would suggest you buy a
T20 or T32 to get TTL mode with your present bodies. You will also need to
purchase a TTL Connector 4 and a TTL Auto Cord T if you wish to use the T32
off camera. These come in .3m, .6m, 2m, and 5m lengths. If you decide to go
with the T20, you will also need to purchase an Auto Connector T20, a
discontinued and hard to find item. You may use the T20 or T32 on camera
with your present Shoe 4.

Regards,
John Austin