Re: [OM] IS-3 and IS-3000 not identical cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-3 and IS-3000 not identical cameras?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:45:11 GMT
On Wed, 04 Nov 1998 19:32:30 -0800, gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Frank, et al;
>
>This is certainly puzzling.  I mean, why are there patent problems in US
>on the IS-3 having Super-FP flash while the F-280 is being sold here?
>Strange.
>
>George

I don't know, George. The USA Olympus people will have an answer to
this one. I always regretted that the G-40 cannot do super FP on my
IS-3000. It wouldn't have been difficult to build that option in,
knowing that the F-280 and the IS-3000 built-in flash have the
technics needed.

The German edition of the Laterna Magica book describes in detail a
trick to have the small built-in flash trigger a second-party big
flashgun by means of an optically coupled slave sensor. Maybe one
could use a super FP flash for slave as well, or just take an
oldfashioned bulb flash....

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland.