Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 98 14:55:05 GMT

>Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:45:21 -0800
>From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Huge snippety snipletson

>Another advantage over the elegant, but expensive, Arca-style plates: the
>whole 3270 QR is only about $30, and plates are only about $10.

OK I'll bite.  Have had problems using a large Bogen (Manfrotto) tripod
with its hex quick release head and added a few Bogen head bits and pieces
to give horizontal movement on a very expensive pan and tilt head.  Looks
strange but does the job - similar to the Tamron 35-80 f2.8 on an OM2N ;-)

This works fine for the OMs and MF as the base for the camera is now a
cork-lined platform, however is a pain using LF as the revolving back can't
revolve.  An excellent excuse for taking a lighter tripod in the field....

Try keeping any camera steady on anything but the Bogen in a howling wind
though - we have a lot of that here in the UK at the moment.

Is there a web site where there are photos and prices of the 3270 and
related accessories?  If not, do you have a digital camera....  :-)

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com