Re: [OM] Fill flash with T-20

Subject: Re: [OM] Fill flash with T-20
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 22:13:58 -0800
I do not personally use this method, preferring either the T-32 diffuser or
umbrellas (brollies).  However, I recall from both an article long ago and
the results of some experimenting I did that the cloth employed can
sometimes give unexpected color shifts.  Things like residues from
soap/detergent and the local water supply are not readily visible but become
apparent on film.  Anything starched shows a *lot*; shooting through a plain
white cotton bedsheet, starched, gave very cold skin tones.  Most
unflattering.  Different brand tissues gave some odd results too.  Some
experimentation required.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".