[OM] Introduction

Subject: [OM] Introduction
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:58:45 -0600
Hail Olympus!! And Hello to you all!
It's nice to find a place full of people that share the same excellent
taste for quality.
My name is Charles Packard an Olympus OM-1 owner for 23 years.
In that near quarter century I have seen many a 35mm fall by the
wayside, but my Oly
has never ever faltered and I shoot an average of 6-10 rolls a month.
What a camera!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, it is beginning to show some signs of age. The foam is
turning to goo.Some fungus
(or something) is beginning to cloud the prism.
I have found a place called CamTech, that claims to be an Oly repair and
service center.
Can anyone here recommend them? or another place to perform SAFE and
RELIABLE
service on my OM-1? My Oly has been with me a long time. And I dont want
to risk losing my baby!

I've been thinking about moving up. Can someone fill me in on the
OM-2000. Are there any reviews
available? What is the typical street price or at least the MSRP? Will
it be as sturdy and long lived as my
OM-1?
Also I've run across what seems to be couple of good deals on an OM2 and
OM2S. Can someone
give me some advice about these cameras. (ie Typical problems or short
comings of either type). Or
should I perhaps continue searching for a used OM-3 or OM-4.The ti
versions are priced a bit out of my reach and I'm 6' 4".

It wonderful to find you all.
Charles Packard