Re: [OM] Sticky diaphragm?

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticky diaphragm?
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 08:42:06 -0800
>>Hi all
>>
>>have just picked up a Zuiko 55mm F1.2 this afternoon by mail order off the
>>web, in what seemed like pretty nice condition. Glass is perfect, some wear
>>apparent on front of aperture ring, but my main concern is what may be a
>>"sticking diaphragm". I have never seen this condition before, so I'm not
>>sure if this is what it is, or even if it is a problem.

      When stopping  down the lens (at f/16), look at the apeture
   blades from BOTH sides (it doesn't always show on both sides and may
   only be visible from one side). We had a Zuiko 55 1.2 come in the other
   day with the same problem. We're selling it as is, priced at normal MINUS
   the high estimate for repair (locally $65). IMHO, a lens of this type is
   worth paying an expert to do correctly :) I felt it (the only I bought
   personally recently) to be worthy of a B&W filter even :)

                                                     enjoy,
                                                        Brad