Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)
From: "Steve Roman" <decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 12:10:06 -0600
Brad,
  Are you talking about the tripod's ability to handle the weight/balance or
a degraded image produced (which can result even with an otherwise heavy
tripod if its design allows too much vibration) Perhaps others on the list
would like to make some current recommendations for tripods to handle larger
lenses? I've had a Leitz tiltall for years and recently acquired a Star-D
(tiltall look-a-like) so I can use one for a large spotting Scope (birding)
and one for photo work.  I changed the heads with Bogens. Both are a little
heavier and taller than a Bogen 3021/3221.

Steve Roman, Champlin, MN
decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx