Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 13:14:47 -0600
At 08:48 AM 11/7/1998 -0800, you wrote:

>>300/f4.5).  One certainly discovers the weaknesses of one's tripod at
>>300mm. I'm fairly certain I haven't really seen all it can do yet.
>

>     Joel,
>
>       Had to smile at this one. When I got my Zuiko 300 a few months back,
>     I discovered the same thing. My Slik is getting replaced by Bogan as
>     soon as I can fit it into my budget :)
>                                                         enjoy,
>                                                          Brad

Right on, Brad!  I've got a Slik U212 under a Bogen 3030 head.  The Bogen
can stay, but the Slik has GOT to go.

Actually, I think the Slik would be better if the legs were longer. Because
of my height (6'2") I use the center post too much. As John Shaw points
out, using the center post is like putting a monopod on your tripod.

Joel