Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:weak tripods (was Tokina SZ-X 60-300)
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 19:40:08 -0800

     Hello Joel and others,

       Thanks for the replys/advice on tripods. But as some of you know, I work
    in a camera store :) I've had my eye on the 3221/3030 or pistolgrip ball-
    head (possibly next size up in legs). My current Slik (U-100) is too light-
    weight for large lens and winder. The winder causes a swing. I recently
    borrowed our Vivitar 800 mm rental and it just blew in the wind on that
    tripod. My main holdup is trying to keep my monthly bill at work down
    (hard to do when you're a kid working in the candy store :)) and taking
    care of all the costs of getting my truck legal for the road :) But a Bogen
    is in my near future :)

                                                enjoy,
                                                 Brad