Re: [OM] Eight more new additions to the Web Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Eight more new additions to the Web Gallery
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:28:31 -0800
On 12 Oct 98, at 18:42, gma wrote:

> I finally found time to browse the Gallery again.  It sure looks great.
> And these new submitters have added some wonderful new work. Just to
> mention a couple:
> Shayne McGuires' IRs and fisheyes are quite good (love that old castle.
> I thimk it's looking back at me!  And "Mysterious ways is one of the
> best circular fisheye shots I've seen.)
> Paul Schings Venus/moon shots are tough shots well done.
> Wiliam Wagenaars' imaginative works range from a beautifully-done B&W
> portrait of a man lighting a cigarette to a tricky shot of a dart
> puncturing a baloon.  Well done Wiliam.
> And Shawns' B&W chapel interior is superb.

Thank you, George. (I love your Horsetail Falls, btw). I am both humbled and
inspired when I browse the gallery and see so many great photos.

ps: I also took the chapel shot on slide film (Elite II 100) but was never
happy
with any of the exposures - too much was lost in the shadows. I don't know if
these would show better on a print from the slide or not. I may make this part
of my learning to use slide film - I think the colour in this shot could be
great.
I have finally removed my (first) roll of Velvia from the fridge, determined to
shoot it tomorrow before the leaves disappear... :-)

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)