Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?

Subject: Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:39:46 +0000
At 21:42 08/11/98 +0000, Giles wrote:

>I am considering purchasing a tripod in the near future and think a
>Benbo would be the go.
>
>I would welcome any views or opinions on the Treker vs the No. 1.
>
>Would the Treker handle a 300mm in a light breeze?

No, IMHO.  At least, it's not much good with an 85-250.  The Trekker is
okay if you don't extend it too far, but the centre column does tend to be
a bit wobbly.  OTOH, the flexibilty is wonderful - you can put in places no
other tripod can reach, but sometimes it does feel as though you're
wrestling with a set of bagpipes ;-)  If you can carry the bigger one, I'd
go for it.  I have the Uni-Loc version, and that's pretty rigid.

Regards
Richard