Re: [OM] Unidentified OM system item?

Subject: Re: [OM] Unidentified OM system item?
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:58:27 EST
Hi Chris,
Answers in text.

cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Buddy Walters wrote:
 "This looks like an oversized Varimagni Finder that attaches to the lens
mount
 of an OM body."
 I wonder if it is part of the OM system miscroscope setup. I will check my
manuals tonight.
 I wonder if the 1" fitting you mention takes a microscopre eyepiece.

 SNIP
I don't think so, at least not without some type of adapter.  The Objective 1"
end has a groove on the outside, so a "set" screw would have to be on the
outside of (what ever it fits).

 My recollection is that the microscope bits have a grey hammered finish. What
finish is this item?

SNIP
This is regular "lens" black.

 I also wonder if it is an adaptor for an OM mount but from a non-olympus
microscope.
 Chris Barrett >>
SNIP
I guess this is possible, but why 90 degree?  I would assume one would only
use / design a 90 degree unit to eliminate a space restriction problem.  This
is why I think it may be a telescope adapter.  But why the aperture /
diaphragm assembly.  Do all microscope and telescope adapters have built-in
diaphragms?
Thanks,
Buddy Walters