Re[2]: [OM] OM-4T Users

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] OM-4T Users
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:45:20 +0800

"Louis" <llt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how many rolls of films can we shoot before changing
> batteries on an OM-4T.

  This is really going to depend on your usage of the metering
system and is fairly film-consumption indepedent.

  I would think the major current drainers are
(in decreasing amounts):

     - Self timer (all that beeping and mirror lockup)
     - display illuminator
     - exposure memory (that winking led (or lamp?))
     - OTF exposures (long exposures -> more drain)
     - metering in general

  If you want to extend your battery life, it's
good to do things like turn off the beeper (which I think
most people find annoying anyway) and keep the
camera in your bag on B or 60 so that the meter isn't
activated if the shutter button is bumped.

  Personally, I find I get about a year's worth
of camera usage before my batteries go low (this on non-T OM4),
though I wouldn't call myself a heavy user.

     duncan

     I faced serious battery probles with my 4-Ti, sometimes I used  new
     set of LR44 for a couple of shots and removed the batteris to store
     the camera.

     A couple of weeks later i used back the same set of batteries and it
     has already gone flat.

     Could it be due to expired battery?
     Expiry date is not indicated in the packing.

     Jim