Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?

Subject: Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:53:09 -0800

Doris said,

<<  Actually, a rigid tripod. No one here has mentioned the Gitzo Carbons,
which has become quite popular with wildlife photographers.>>

Yes, rigid and balanced, as you cover in the next part.

 << This can be helped greatly by using a Bogen "Long lens support", an
extra leg that goes from the camera tripod socket to one of the tripod
legs.Part # 3252. Clumsy to set up, or switch to vertical or viceversa,
but real steady.>>

More stuff!

 << The design of the Benbo has definite advantages for field use. The
abilities to conform to irregular terrain are unique (save for the
copycat/improved version, Uniloc). It is faster to set up & take down, and
unequaled for macro. Plus, the sealed legs let you go in mud & crud
without having to endure the cleaning ritual later. One can just hose the
legs off. >>

No doubt that some designs are better than others.
You still need the stability of mass and balance.

 << It's what makes OM so seductive for me. For "big", I have N*k*n.>>

I agree, I don't have a lens for my OM's over 135mm.

                                        *= Doris Fang =*

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx