Re: [OM] Stylus Epic, OM-1 vs 24/21

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic, OM-1 vs 24/21
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:24:17 EST
In a message dated 11/10/98 1:14:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, omtech@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< The 2S meter display can be dark, sometimes because the users finger is
covering
 the little white window on the front of the top cover.  This window lets
light in
 to illuminate the LCD. >>

One of the few things I *don't* like about the OM-2S. It can be especially
annoying with a winder mounted. I find I use the little illuminator button
more on the OM-2S, which is probably another reason I need to change the
batteries more frequently in it as compared to in the OM-4. The window
location on the OM-3/4, on the pentaprism, is much better, IMHO. I imagine the
location is dictated by the location of the LCD in the finder, however. I
wonder why Olympus chose to put the LCD along the left side of the finder,
instead of on the bottom like in the OM-3/4? Perhaps to be consistent with the
OM-2(n)?

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI