Re: [OM] OM-1 Self timer function?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Self timer function?
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:44:56 -0600
On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 12:49:21PM -0500, Ben Poels wrote:
> I don't have my OM-1 with me right now but if I remember you turn the
> larger outer one counter clockwise - the farther the longer the wait -
> then you give the little inside one a clockwise push and off it goes.
Yup, that's it.

On my newly acquired OM-1, though, the outer lever slides back toward the
upright position all by itself, stopping only at the point where it begins
to depress the shutter release. Activating it with the inner lever will make
it take a picture very quickly. I suspect the mechanism on mine is just
dirty, and a careful cleaning will make it work properly; I just haven't
pulled it apart to look.