[OM] Olympus High Speed Video

Subject: [OM] Olympus High Speed Video
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:36:43 -0600
I visited a packaging trade show in Chicago this week and was
very surprised to see Olympus had a booth there.  They were
displaying their ENCORE digital high speed video system.  The
video camera can capture up to 8000 frames per second!  Obviously
it's not intended for the home video market but for analysis of
high speed machinery or events that occur in the blink of an eye.
Their website is www.olympusipg.com.

I spoke to the local sales rep. for my area and he said he would
be more than happy to stop by my office for a demonstration.  My
main application would be package impact testing but I've already
selected one other test subject, my OM-4.  It would be great to
get an MPEG movie of the mirror/shutter firing sequence in slow
motion.  I'll post the results if it works out.

Bill Rice