Re: [OM] using Velvia

Subject: Re: [OM] using Velvia
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 01:11:50 EST
Using Velvia is a question of tradeoffs--what do you want to expose for, the
highlights or shadows. I usually expose Velvia at 40 because I don't like my
shadows to go dark and the 1/3 stop difference from the rated speed of 50
opens up the shadows just a bit.  Then of course the highlights might get
blown out from this contrasty film. I also like to print on Ilfochrome or Fuji
Supergloss which accentuates the problem because these are also contrasty.

If you are shooting indoors in a museum type setting, the light might be very
contrasty.  You might try, as a backup, some print film if the shot is
important because of the greater latitude with C41 film.  Kodak RG 100 might
be your best bet here.

Warren Kato