[OM] chat with Olympus person

Subject: [OM] chat with Olympus person
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 07:02:47 -0800
The other day I spent about 20 minutes talking with one of the tech
people at Olympus USA.

I was hoping to have something "definitive" to report to this group.
However, the issue of the long-term viability of the OM system is
complex, so I have decided not to report on that part of the
conversation, feeling that I might misreport or misrepresent what we
discussed.

I feel Olympus USA should address this group directly, and explain their
policies. The gentleman I spoke with is considering my request for
direct contact.

I did, however, get some information on two less-important issues.

First, Olympus does not make an achromatic close-up lens.

Second, the recent price Japanese price increase was due to inflation,
and nothing else. (In this case, I assume "inflation" means an increase
in the cost of materials.)