[OM] Re: OT OM-3T brassing

Subject: [OM] Re: OT OM-3T brassing
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:33:28 +0000
I wonder if this was Hoya? At about the time you mentioned I bought
two sets of Ti frames.  Partly because of weight/strength and partly
because of a lifetime guarantee against breakage.

Sure enough they have proven to be very tough and may well last me a
lifetime at this rate.  However, the coating on my frames is
certainly not a form of anodizing and has been removed in places
through wear and tear.  If you were talking about Hoya, perhaps my
frames pre-date a switch to anodizing.

I have noticed quite a few people knock the Ti components of the
OM4-Ti thinking them an expensive affectation they would gladly do
without.  I do not share this view having first hand experience with
how tough this metal really is.

I would bet that John H.  has not had to replace very many top or
bottom covers on 4Tis or impact damaged circuits and parts that lie
beneath them.

Giles