Re: [OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?

Subject: Re: [OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:37:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Jan Steinman wrote:

> My advice to any others on the list who have knowingly or unknowingly "bid"
> against each other in this impromptu "auction:" don't let him get away with
> it -- all of you should boycot any deal that is more than the original
> asking price, as Frank has. Think of it this way: you're all dupes for
> someone who is too lazy to do his own price research -- does that make you,
> the winner of this charade, feel any better about your "win?"

  Think of it this way: Why would you want to own anything this Alain
person has touched ? I agree with Jan, Frank, Gary, Mark and et al on this
one. This is a low way of doing business. Unacceptable.

> Good for you, Frank! Not that I'm glad at the misfortune of others, but
> after taking so much heat, I'm glad others feel the same way upon finding
> themselves on "the other end" of such dishonorable behavior.

  Ahem, Jan...you only took heat with regard to suing the person that
ended up with the stuff....Let Mr. Duquet sell somewhere else, we don't
need to put up with this here. This two out of two similar deals.

> To end on a positive note: I'd like to say "thanks" to Rand Adams, with
> whom I just completed a pleasurable and honorable Olympus deal.

  So...what did you get ??????? Inquiring minds want to know (and drool).

                                        *= Doris Fang =*