[OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?

Subject: [OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?
From: Alain Duquet <alain.duquet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:28:51 -0500
I hope to understand the rules of the game as soon as possible. In
these case, I accept the decision taken by the potential buyers, at the
request of that
which made the first setting, the first answer is the purchaser. That seems
however a little
unjust to me when all the members of the list are not on the same time
zone. Does
somebody have a suggestion on this problem?

However, it seems to me normal that a seller want to obtain a right price
unless it
precisely does not seek a fast sale.
For this reason, I believe that it is preferable to offer the
hardware, either by giving :
an idea of the price and indicating that the best offer will be retained;
or, if necessary, a minimum price (reserve) and best offer.

An auction is a different process: Each person knows the setting of others
and can
overbid, which raises the price. It was not however my objective, if not I
would sell on
EBAY.

On the other hand

gma wrote:

> Many will remember Alains' post selling $1500 worth of macro equip for
> $500 which also turned into a sudden auction.  I and others were caught
> up in that one.  I think Alains' ethics, which were suspect before, are
> pretty apparent now.

Excuse me for talk about this again but I was not the salesman on the macro
kit. In as much as I
know, this equipment was sold around 700$ and, even if all that did not
occur well for
reasons out of my control, I remain convinced that this occasion must be
signaled to the members of the list who like macro.
Ethics that I privileged at this time was to go useful for the members of
the list, than to well
more be perfectly politically correct.
One does not make omelette without breaking eggs like one says in French.