[OM] Re: auctions

Subject: [OM] Re: auctions
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:24:53 +0000
Jan Steinman wrote:

>My advice to any others on the list who have knowingly or unknowingly "bid"
>against each other in this impromptu "auction:" don't let him get away with
>it

I don't like on-line auctions, and would rather buy from a seller who asks a
price, with no other parties involved.  Most honourable sellers operate in
this manner.  When did you last go into a shop and the sales assistant said
"someone has bid more than you for that item, so you'll have to either bid
more or forget it, sir"?  Auctions are for car dealers and 'horse traders'.

>To end on a positive note: I'd like to say "thanks" to Rand Adams, with
>whom I just completed a pleasurable and honorable Olympus deal.

Aaaah, a happy ending.  :-)

Simon E.