Re: [OM] Breathless

Subject: Re: [OM] Breathless
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 07:01:31 -0600
At 04:59 PM 11/12/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Just a quick impression.
>
>Was poking around in the used equipment cases at my local camera shop.
>Looked at the Zuiko offerings. I'm an OM novice, and my exposure to Zuiko
>lenses is quite limited. My budget keeps me in the f3.5 range; fast lenses
>are out of my league. So, just for the heck of it, I asked to see the
>28mm/f2.0. The front element was goreous; reflective and oh-so colorful. I
>plugged it into the nearest OM body and held the viewfinder to my eye...
>
>Whoosh! My breath disappeared!
>
>Talk about gorgeous?! I'd never seen such a beautiful image snap into focus
>on a groundglass. It was bright; it was sharp; it was vibrantly colorful!
>It was all I could do to take the camera away from my eye!
>
>But what happens now? How do I go back to my humble stable of f3.5 Zuikos?

As Thoreau said, "Best to avoid the beginnings of evil."

What you are comparing, of course, is the speed of the lens through the
viewfinder, rather than the end product of light captured on film.  It
probably helps to keep the final goal in mind.  Or maybe indulge in a
2-series screen if you are now fatally attracted to brightness and they
work in your camera.  Or start picking up cans along the highway, or even
doing some wedding photography.

Good luck with your "problem."  ;-)

Joel