Re: [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless
From: "Perry Bain" <BainP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 19:49:28 -0500
I was wondering if I was the only one who had trouble focusing with the
2-series screens. After reading all of the rave reviews, I surgically
modified a 2-4 screen to fit my OM1, replacing the 1-4 that I have used for
years. The resulting viewfinder image was beautiful and bright, but I found
it very difficult to tell if I had achieved critical focus. With the 1-4, I
can find what seems like a precise "point" where the focus is best. With
the 2-4, I found that I had a range of focus where I could move the
focusing ring of the lens slightly to either side without much apparent
change in the image sharpness (on the focusing screen). Maybe it is just my
eyesight?

Anyway, I know there is the 2-13, but I detest those split image circles,
so I am back to the 1-4 now. Of course, I couldn't send back the 2-4 after
filing off half of the tab. . .

Perry Bain
bainp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BW wrote:

While I will agree the 2 series screens are
brighter, I feel I lost too much in focus ability.