[OM] Published work with OMs

Subject: [OM] Published work with OMs
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:41:59 +1100
Hi all,

This may have already been pointed out, but I just bought a new book
("Wildlife") by one of my fave wildlife photographers, Mitsuaki Iwago, and
on the back flap, he's shown with his camera, an OM3Ti, attached to a
mega-tele and a tripod.  The book contains remarkable pics of wildlife from
all over the planet, and I imagine the 3Ti would have come in useful
shooting creatures in extreme cold.  Iwago has, of course, published other
books and featured in a lot of magazines, but this is the first time I've
seen his camera.  It's nice to know auto-focus and matrix-auto-everything
don't quite rule the roost at the very top of the profession, and I think
George Andreson's pics in the gallery also show what's possible; of course,
I don't know a hell of a lot about nature shooting, so manual focus may be
all the rage, but I had to have the book once I saw that 3Ti...

On a far, far (ffaaaaaarrr) smaller scale, the cover shot of a local paper
this month here in Sydney's lower north shore area (circ. 20 000, <g>) was
taken with an OM1 and a 35/2 Zuiko - and 3 more inside with the OM1 and
135/2.8... I know, because I took them (sorry 'bout the gross immodesty)

Cheers

Andy