Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:05:03 +0100
VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Unfortunately the bad reputation of the 4Ti paint is more than
> deserved. I bought mine in near mint condition; it only had a tiny
> scratch on the pentaprism house. After I had used it daily for only one
> week on a festival the metal quick release clamps I used to attach the
                         ^^^^^ Aarrg
> camera strap had already worn off the paint from the top edges.

Better use plastic quick release connectors (Tamrac etc.).
If you like to use the original Olympus straps (like me) cover the metal
eyelets with  some heat shrinking tube. The thick plastic will prefent
scratches and the sliping through of the strap. Of course, if you feel
the need to adjust the lenght of the strap you have to cut the tube and
use new one after adjustment.

Regards