RE: [OM] ISO extension tubes + reversing rings

Subject: RE: [OM] ISO extension tubes + reversing rings
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 18:54:42 -0800
On 15 Nov 98, at 20:14, Greg Heier wrote:

> Anyone seen OM mount reversing rings in larger thread sizes than 49?
> (otherwise will step-down rings work?)

I've yet to find *any* size. :-( The only thing I've seen so far are OM to T-
mount adapters. Anyone know what size (diameter) T mount is? And is there
a T mount to 49mm thread adapter?

> Is there a good (cheaper) alternative to the Olympus auto tubes? The prices
> seem to be insanely high for what they are (no glass, just empty tubes). I
> have a set of OM non-auto tubes, but auto diaphram would be nice. Also is
> the extention on the auto tube helical?

Yes, just look for a cheapo 2X TC! The Vivitar 2X-21 works well, allowing you
to remove the elements easily, giving a 26mm auto-tube. I picked up a
Soligor 2X TC for $10 at the last show which even has a quick release
element, for easy field removal - just push and twist. As long the TC has a
metal barrel, it should work well, and most older ones do.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)