Re: [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:43:34 +0000
I find the point of focus with my 2-4 to be quite precise and easy to
judge.  There is no region of vagueness that I have noticed.  I
wonder whether eye sight is an issue here.  Mine is not good so I
wear my glasses when looking through the viewfinder.  I used to use a
dioptre correction lens on the viewfinder but a sizeable component of
my problem is astigmatism and dioptre correction lenses do not
correct for this.  When I was using dioptre correction lenses I did
have a problem judging the correct point of focus as you describe -
using a 1-13 screen.

I know I am much better at focusing than I used to be, given the
brighter image provided by the 2-4 and the use of my glasses.

I would never dream of switching back to a 1-13.

I suppose there must be considerable individual variation involved
and it is not as simple as just saying that focusing screen x has y
characteristics which everyone will experience.

Giles