Re: [OM] Giles' very expensive brochure

Subject: Re: [OM] Giles' very expensive brochure
From: "John Gardner" <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:30:25 -0000
Dear Zuiks

 From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx and other concerned folk.

> Wait a minute... nowhere in John's missive did he mention ownership or
> availability of the very necessary T Power Control 1 for the T-28s, which
> means that, unless he already owns one and didn't mention it, he has
> another purchase to make/justify to make the T-28s actually work!

Thanks for all the support I've been getting over my 'habit'. I've had
several worried chums wondering if I had missed buying the T Control pack.
Worry not, chaps. Like I said I already own 4 T32's (5 if you count the one
I dropped and has a shattered housing but still works), a T20 and a T10
ring flash and T control pack. I omitted the latter two items from my
confession - something that stems from the version of the tales I tell the
wife :)

She took the purchase on the chin. I guess she knows me by now. I just
waited till we were driving through the centre of Leeds showing all the
wonderful Christmas lights to our 2 year old daughter before I told her,
its the kind of distraction you need for these 'confessions'.

On a completely serious note. I can't believe how light this set up is
compared to my current set up of 2 T32s on a macro bracket. I had four
shots left on the roll in my 4Ti so I used them up in the house using the
T28s and a 50mm macro lens.

For those of you not owning a set ot T28s, they are amazingly small and fit
to the end of the lens via a macro shoe ring. The heads of the flashes
swivvel in all directions and have click stop settings. They can also be
positioned anywhere on the shoe ring by depressing a button and sliding
them around the perimiter of the lens. I used an ND4 filter on the right
flash gun to try and get some modelling.

Very, very neat. Very, very Olympus.

What a shame the OM system is going down the tubes :(

John