Re: [OM] varimagni finder

Subject: Re: [OM] varimagni finder
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:17:52 -0800
>>From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
>>
>>         Finally got my hands on a OM Varimagni finder...
>>      ...Any other tidbits of
>>      wisdom anyone can share about the use of this item?
>
>One thing I don't like about it is the lack of calibration marks or a lock
>for the diopter adjustment. It seems every time I get it out it's out of

     Hello Jan,

       It was the one thing I noticed as well. Having just gotten it, I
   haven't as yet decided what (or if) I'm going to do anything about it.
   But since I always use the same eye to focus, I may try taping it in
   place before resorting to leaving any permanent marks on it. Or perhaps
   fingernail polish as it stays in place, but is easily removed when the
   time comes. I've used it for markings on my basses over the years (I
   play right-handed basses left-handed) and the stuff doesn't wear off.
      Thanks to you (and others) for responses :)

                                                enjoy,
                                                 Brad