Re: [OM] 2x 310 Flash -> OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] 2x 310 Flash -> OM2
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:31:09 GMT
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:30:14 +0100, Soenke Jansen
<SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This raises another question for me: would it be possible to use TWO QA310
>flashes in TTL-mode on an OM-2(old) ?
>Or would I fry her electronics with this as well? I gather there is no
>multi-connector-thingy for this but I could fumble something together using the
>two 0.6m TTL-autocords I have for this flash and then proceed to build 'the
>clumsiest macro-flash bracket on earth'.
>This way I'd just have to get me another QA310 (they go for about $40 here).
>The
>alternative might be more elegant, but is decidedly more expensive

Don't try it, Soenke. You will have a big chance of destroying one (or
both) of the 310-flashes....

>(auto-connector-3, multi-connector, 3x TTL-autocord T, 2x T-32 or 2x T-20 w/
>connector T-20 ...)

Using two T-32's you could also do with: auto-connector-3, 2x TTL
autocord, and one T-20 connector (cheaper than with multi-connector).
Using one T-32 and one T-20 you would need the same plus one more T-20
connector (cheapest solution).

A T-20 connector mounted under a T-32 not only gives you a thread to
put it on top of a table tripod, but it also makes the multi-connector
and one of the cords redundant.

The connection line looks like this: OM2 -> auto-connector-3 -> cable
-> T-20-connector -> 1st T-32 -> cable -> 2nd T-32 .
(or for cheapest solution replace 2nd T-32 with T-20 on 2nd T-20
connector).

You could connect about 8 T-32's this way without needing any
multi-connector: all in series on T-20-connectors.
The 'terminating' T-32 can always be replaced with a T-20 on another
threaded connector.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht - Holland.