[OM] OM-PC: Common failure?

Subject: [OM] OM-PC: Common failure?
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:48:52 -0600
I picked up a dead OM-PC off of eBay. Upon checking it out, I found that the
LEDs don't come on in manual mode, and always indicate >1 sec in auto or
program modes; the battery check works properly, with light and beep; the
camera winds okkay, but shutter release swings the mirror up and does not
release the shutter, and manually releasing it by moving one of the levers
down deep inside trips both curtains and allows the mirror to return.

I'm guessing some kind of electrical failure. I've got a parts camera, and
plehty of time, though I'd rather not pull the mirror box unless I have to.
Is this a common failure mode for this camera? What does it take to repair
it? I'd really like to make this one run, as it's in gorgeous shape
otherwise.