Re: [OM] T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:57:29 -0500
WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

> << Q1) T32 Flash
>  I seem to find my T32 flash on my OM-4Ti to wash out facial features.
>  This is taking with 50mm F4 anywhere from 5 ft to 15 ft away from the
>  subject.>>

I don't think anyone should use OM TTL auto flash without one hand
firmly on the exposure compensation dial, especially for
people-in-a-room shots.  This technology is not nearly as good at
figuring out what you want properly exposed as, say, a current Nikon or
Canon kit.  Interestingly, my OM flash brochure has a page on
compensating for faces in different room settings-----and shows (in
photos, not text) a  minus 1-stop compensation for a figure with a dark
room behind him/her and a plus 2-stop compensation for a figure leaning
against a light-colored wall.

This isn't as important with color neg. as with slide film.  A great
tool is an old Canonet G-III, which you can use just as a guide for your
OM. . . . its rangefinder couples with a GN setting to show the correct
f-stop for any point in your viewfinder. . . .one of the little Oly
rangefinders did the same thing, and you can get very accurate exposures
this way.

Morgan Sparks