Re: [OM] Re: T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:53:52 -0800
<<I've got the T32 on "TTL auto" (i.e. the calculator back on the "black"
side). Basically I have the OM-4Ti on "Auto" and just adjust the aperture
to the desired depth of field (admittedly I've been using smaller apertures
recently due to my "washout" experience). I don't play with the shutter
(which may be at any particular setting) since the OM-4Ti is left at auto.
I'm still new to TTL flash photography as such I don't know if I'm doing
the right thing (and I have no user manual). I am only confident with
completely manual flash (i.e. using the calculator), or complete auto
flash (P & S).>>

Sean,

I don't think the aperture setting is going to help things.
The sensors see the whole scene and emit the proper amount of light to
average
the exposure.  You must also consider the reach of the flash unit.
Get all the faces on the same plane.  ( No this is not a reunion tour!)
(60's joke) :-)
The problem arises when there is a lot of dark area and the subject is
light,
as in faces.
Changing the aperture will change the DOF but the relative exposure is the
same.
What you need to do is either get closer so there is less dark in the frame
or use the minus on the compensation dial to allow less light and let the
dark go black.

This does not help any on vampires!

Charlie

Charles Loeven