Re: [OM] Unemployed or full-time Photography?

Subject: Re: [OM] Unemployed or full-time Photography?
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:42:50 -0000
I have a Billingham Packington - got it new from someone who had won it as
a prize.

As with any bag it is a compromise:

Advantages:
- looks good
- well made, as with all Billinghams
- is tall - can just hold a T45 upright
- can hold 1 body, 2 longer lenses (say 180 or 200mm) and 3/4 shorter
lenses, more if you squeeze it in, plus the pockets for film, filters etc.
- the padded insert is removable - this makes it a good bag for
"tourist-type" holidays where you can remove the insert, carry a little
camera gear and have a specious bag for all those tourist things
- Michael Palin uses one

Disadvantages:
- looks good (and therefore expensive)
- padded insert can restrict use as it is not that configurable, apart from
removing it
- Michael Palin uses one

Hope this helps, David