Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:52:28 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:07:06 EST you write:
>Sometimes, the original shoe is gone not due to unscrewing but from  breaking
>off. It leaves behind  part of the threaded piece that holds it on the top of
>the camera.  This piece may prevent you from tightening the new shoe
>completely or may block attachment altogether.

I find that I have to remove the shoes from my OM-1N and -2N unless I am
actually using them for flash photography.  Otherwise, as I walk
around, the camera sways back and forth, and the shoe inevitably
unscrews and falls off.  Since the shoes will lock positively onto a
flash, I find it best to just leave the shoes mounted on flashes, and
put the flash on by screwing the shoe on.  This saves time having to
hunt for the shoe everytime I need it.  Now if I could just figure out a
way to keep the Eyecup 1 from falling off as I walk around with an
OM...

Cheers,
--Lee