Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:44:54 -0800
Lee wrote,

<<<I find that I have to remove the shoes from my OM-1N and -2N unless I am
actually using them for flash photography.  Otherwise, as I walk
around, the camera sways back and forth, and the shoe inevitably
unscrews and falls off.  Since the shoes will lock positively onto a
flash, I find it best to just leave the shoes mounted on flashes, and
put the flash on by screwing the shoe on.  This saves time having to
hunt for the shoe everytime I need it.  Now if I could just figure out a
way to keep the Eyecup 1 from falling off as I walk around with an
OM...>>>
I like that idea!
What I have been doing is keeping the shoe on the camera and the auto
connector in a semi transparent film canister (or visa versa) with "shoe3"
marked on it in big black letters.
I swap them as needed.  It is easier to find in a camera bag than fishing
around for a black thingy in a dark bag.  It also gives it some protection.
Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx