Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:34:30 -0800
Chris Barker wrote,

<<<I do as Charlie does except that I don't keep anything on the OM1N or
2N -
because it _looks_ better of course;-)  The film canisters are most useful
like that.  I have no way of keeping the eyecup on the camera though so I
keep it in its box!  I really would like a good way of keeping the eyecup
on the camera, but also which would allow some give to prevent the plastic
from cracking - and vice versa.>>>

The reason I keep one on the body is to keep dust and moisture out of the
little holes.
Would it be a little excessive to hunt down original OM plugs? :-)

The Eye cup, I keep in the mesh pocket in the cover of the bag.
FYI I also put one or two most needed filters in there along with a
collapsible lens shade and the rubber spacer for the flash bracket to
winder.

I have always found that awareness is the best remedy.  I check that nothing
has fallen off regularly,  this is also a problem with lens caps.

Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx