Re: [OM] Re: PMT-35 ??'s

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: PMT-35 ??'s
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 20:22:51 GMT
On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:14:28 EST, ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi All,
>I've got a few questions on the PMT-35 Macrophotographic Equipment.
>1. The OM literature says it will go to 16.5x magnification.  The standard
>Auto bellows with 20 mm macro goes to 12.4x mag.  So how does the PMT get it's
>extra power.  Does it have a special bellows?
>2. Does anyone on the list own a PMT-35?
>3. If I were ever to find a used system, what would be a price range?
>4. Has anyone ever seen a PMT-35 for sale?
>       Frank, I saw a few months ago you were asking WTB on E-Bay or
> somewhere.  Did
>you find one?
>Thanks,
>Buddy Walters

Hi, Buddy.

You are right (it wasn't eBay but rec.photo.marketplace) but I didn't
get any positive replies.
I don't own one of the PMT sets, only the heavy basic stand (two of
those!) of that machine.
The bellows is indeed different from the normal auto-bellows - must be
slightly longer too.
It will be very difficult to find a used set. And it will be
expensive, if the set is complete: if I am right it included three or
four macro lenses...
For macro-photography it will be only slightly better (in the sense of
being more comfortable) than the VST macro stand with transilluminator
base. If you haven't got that, go for it. It is less expensive (about
$400-500 for the main parts, I would call a good price)

Good luck, Frank.