Re: [OM] Om-PC flash problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-PC flash problem
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 00:18:25 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:21:29 -0800, "Frank Costa" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
jammed all night, and by sunrise was overheard remarking:

>     Can't seem to get my newly acquired Om PC to fire my flash. I'm working
> with a cheap Viv 2800 (Until I can afford a 285 HV) and it works fine with
> my other bodies.

What have you tried?

I have a Viv 2600-D, which I acquired in a package deal of used
equipment, which I suspect is similar. I don't know a whole lot about
this flash, but it seems to couple with the OM flash system circuitry,
but not TLL flash, far as I can tell (it mates with one of the two extra
pins on the shoe-4 style hot shoe).

This one works fine with my OM-PC, with the following caveats:

        - Seems to lock up on program mode. I think you need a full
        TLL-coupling flash to work in program mode, if at all (I have
        one, but never tried it with the OM-PC.

        - In auto mode, it's possible you'll have enough light to not
        need the flash in any given situation, but in a dark room, the
        OM-PC certainly recognized the 2600, sets 1/60th or thereabouts,
        shows me the ready light in the viewfinder, etc.

        - When all else fails, try it on manual, with 1/60 dialed in.

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One