Re: [OM] YA OM AS -- Update No.1

Subject: Re: [OM] YA OM AS -- Update No.1
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 01:14:42 -0800
At 02:23 PM 11/17/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks for your attention.  By-the-way, I have quite a few
>USED items: OM bodies, lenses, misc. accessories, OLY range
>finders, and a variety of good quality filters in many sizes.
>I also have a bunch of Shipman's on other cameras: Ni/Mi/Ca/Ptx.
>If interested, pls feel free to inquire.  I promise to protect
>your (Zuikoholic) anonymity :-)

Gary:  Do you by any chance have any of the following:

Lens hoods.  I have Zuiko 35/2.8, 50/1.4 and 100/2.8, all single coated.  I
definately want a hood for the 100/2.8 that's meant for that focal length.
I have one generic rubber hood that seems to work fine on the 35 and 50.
I'll probably just pick up another, unless there's a specific advantage to
a genuine Olympus.  However, if you have hoods specifically meant for the
respective lenses that might block a little more stray light around the
edges, I'd be interested.

Filters.  I've got 2 vivitar MC UV filters.  Are these reasonably good?
Anyway, I'd like a UV filter on each lens,  so I could use another one.  If
the Vivs are not so great, what's good, and what do you have?  I could also
use one each of an orange, red and green for B&W.  Maybe a polarizer--the
one I have is a Tiffen, and it doesn't appear to be coated.

Lenses:  I'll probably stick with my "Eisenstadt outfit" for a while, but
eventually I may want more/faster/MC lenses or a zoom.  Just for reference,
what do you have/how much?  And seriously, assuming I don't often include
bright light sources in my photos, how much am I going to regret having SC
lenses?

Books:  Do you have any of the third-party books on Olympus, or the OM
System Lens Handbook?

Thanks.  Let me know
----