[OM] Re: T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??

Subject: [OM] Re: T32 washout, & 28-80mm F2.8 Zuiko??
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:50:42 EST
I just bought a Sto-Fen diffuser which slips onto the T32 like the wide angle
adapter kit. They make one for the T32. It  cuts the output by a factor of 2.5
and does not require a wall to bounce off.

I like the  Lumiquest bouncers also but I use them with the T20 since you need
to put velcro around the flash head to fasten the bouncer and I don't know if
the velcro will get in the way of the T32 zoom adapter (when I am not using
the zoom adapter).

As far as the overexposure with the T32 - Except for outside at night, on TTL
auto my exposures are coming out well - but; usually I use print film for such
"snap shots".  I did some tests last week for a photo class I am taking using
slide film and the T32 with and without verious bounce adapters and with and
without second 'slave' flashes. Indoors (and in a white wall & ceiling room)
the t32 and t20 did very well in ttl and in normal auto mode.

Outside at night, however, may be an issue and I suppose the best advice for
slide film would be to bracket and for print film would be to look at the
negatives with loops to make sure you have detail in the highlight areas
(since your ghost like images are blown out) and perhaps blame the lab for
poor print processing.

I have found that most labs do a really lousey job!

Cheers
Ken M