Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 09:04:20 -0800
>FYI I also put one or two most needed filters in there along with a
>collapsible lens shade and the rubber spacer for the flash bracket to
>winder.

    Hello Charlie,

      This caught my interest. Why do you use a rubber spacer between flash
  bracket and winder? Is there a problem with electrical shorts otherwise?
  The reason I ask is I used such a setup on Halloween (trying out my newly
  acquired T32 and TTL cord) and for the first time since I've had my OM2S
  (about four yrs) and OM4 (about 2 yrs), they suddenly had problems. The
  OM2S seems ok for the most part, but still on occasion the shutter curtain
  will advance and stay there until you HAND advance it. This only happens
  (that I've noticed so far) with the winder/bracket set-up. Haven't had the
  nerve to rely on the T32 yet til I find out what's causing these problems.
  The OM4, btw, didn't fair so well. As soon as you put a battery in and
  tighten it down, you get a sporatic beeping of the battery check signal.
  A job for John.
    Anyway, if this rubber piece is related, I'd be interesting in hearing.

                                     Thanks in advance,
                                       Brad